2014년 12월 11일 목요일

No MIT App Inventor on my LG Optimus L3 II?

Hello, I create a program and want to test it real on my Android phone. But without MIT App Inventor App on my android phone i can't connect (WIFI and USB) my device to download my created program on MIT App inventor 2. But i need test in real time my created App on my phone because of possible disturbances and G sensor system stability... 
Will there be any advice?
What solutions can help me?
And why my LG L3 II not supportable use MIT App Inventor App?
It's like discrimination low pinching devices users? 



Your LG L3 problem is the screen is  240 x 320 pixels, 3.2 inches (~125 ppi pixel density),  App Inventor 2 is designed for creating apps with a minimum screen size of 320 x 480.   It is possible to develop apps for your phone but Google Play will not recognize the apps as compatible with your device.   If you compile an app (the apk, and email it to yourself, it should be possible to run the app on your LG L3.  I am aware of one user doing just that.  .IF you ensure that the app  screen does not occupy more than 240x320 pixels, the app will compile and run.   The problem is a limitation on the present version of the Android API3 that AI2 now uses.    AI2 will soon be switching to API 4 and that might ameliorate you problem (or it may not) when the facility to accommodate Tablet screens is invoked (the technology might also allow AI2 to work seamlessly with smaller than standard screens).

You can't use WIFI or USB?    LG should have development drivers for your PC to connect with the phone.  The following links seem to indicate many users of other compilers (not just AI2) have difficulty with LG drivers...there might be a solution for you here.

If you can not do 'live' testing, all you can do is use the emulator  (but you may not be able to test some sensors) or develop 'blind,', email the apk and test.   Painful, but perhaps the only solution.   You might search the Internet for an emulator that might support mimicking the sensors you need.  

The LG is not a low end device, it just has a miniture screen.  Be aware that at the present, AI2 can not develop apps for the Google watches etc.   You are working with a compiler designed for beginning programmers.   A solution for some of your ills is to start developing using a free Java based professional compiler like Eclipse or Android Studio.  That may not help you with LG drivers that work with USB.

Good luck.



It's clear you haven't done enough reading...

You don't need the MIT Companion app to test on your phone.  There are several ways...   Please read the following, towards the bottom.

http://appinventor.mit.edu/explore/ai2/share.html

Also, read my tips... you'll need them I think...




SteveJG -  Or you want me to say that Google Play app store will not recognize the device with the screen is smaller than standard screens? But why my LG Optimus L3 II, which screen is smaller than standard screens, can find compatible applications in the Google Play app store? That means it is possible. There are many applications designed for smaller screens devices, but that programs compatible also for standard screens and big screens devices. Means and it is possible. And if I want to start to create android app with simple program like MIT inventor 2 app, I have to buy expensive device with a standard screen that I can test my program? And if I can not afford expensive device with standart screen I have to go on painful way to create a useful program that help others for free? It only makes me tax my programs? But I am not a professional that would use Eclipse or Android Studio....



Read my tips and the section there about emulators.  You CAN use 3rd party emulators like the Genys.  

You would be foolish to try to create an Android app, based upon your device's little screen as it's certainly not mainstream.



The World is sometimes cruel Paulius.  Apps that can run on your LG and distributed on Google Play are not developed with AI2.  AI2 presently can not develop apps that will post in the Google Play store and run on your small screen.  Part of the problem is Google Play..not AI2.  The second part is that AI2 is an entry level compiler and not as sophisticated as the compilers that can develop for your LG.

There are suggestions in my earlier post as to how you can get an AI2 app to run on your LG now..however, Google Play will not recognize that app as compatible with your device.  Complain to Google Play.

You do not have to buy anything to TEST AI2 programming and to create apps that can be uploaded to Google Play.   You CAN use the emulator option.  Develop and run an app on an emulator.   Expensive devices?  AI2 apps run on the very cheapest devices, as long as the devices have standard screens.  Android 2.3 phones work great.

MIT is making changes to AI2 that might allow you to develop apps for your LG.  The word is might.  When AI2 moves from API 3 to API 4, you might be happier.   When?  There is no timetable.  Perhaps API 4 will be available early next year. It might allow you to do what you want now.



Thanks for answears. I'm try to use alternative emulator. But I'm afraid that I miss errors, which I do not miss in a device. :/ But everytime when I want test my created program in alternative emulator I must download created program? :/



No... you test with an alternate emulator the same way you do with the standard emulator.  You can still package an APK and store it to the emulator as well.



Hi, I have tried MIT AI2 Companion on my phone just download it in .apk file and installed it manually. Everything works perfectly. And both of choices (write code, and code scanner) works good. My phone get my app via Program in seconds using WIFI. I try and other ways, like save my created app in PC in .apk file then download it to phone, then install and test, and it takes lots of time. Developed program also works well on my LG L3 screen 240 x 320 pixels, 3.2 inches (~ 125 ppi pixel density), although created with App Inventor 2 ... Of course I not had time to test all this, and is it only one day of the initial results.
My mistake was trust Google Play, when she say your device not compatible to use this program (MIT AI2 Companion App). When I downloaded the program directly from here http://appinventor.mit.edu/explore/ai2/setup-device-wifi.html everything resolved.


댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기